B2 Spice A/D v5 database updates
V5.1.1 has added and updated a number of parts. The following instructions will show you how to add these parts to your database. Please note that this is a cumulative patch and includes 'new' parts from previous versions.
- Please download and apply the update patch to update your version to v5.0.10 before proceeding. The patch will also place a database patch file named "markers_probes.pat" into the B2 Spice v5 directory. This is the patch file that will be applied to the database.
- once the program is updated, run the Database Editor by going to
Windows' START menu->Program->B2 Spice A_D v5->B2 Spice Database Editor.
- In the Database Editor, go to the Special->Apply Patch to Database... menu
- This will open up a standard OPEN dialog. Navigate to your B2 Spice v5 directory, which by default is C:\Program Files\B2 Spice A_D v5 and open the file named "markers_probes.pat". If you cannot locate it, it can be downloaded by right clicking the following link and doing a "save as...": Database Patch File
- The Database Editor will begin applying the patch to the database. You will be alerted with the following dialog:
This just means that the symbol already exists in the database. In this case, it will be OK to overwrite these symbols. Click on the YES TO ALL button to proceed.
Momentarily, the program will alert you that "Merge Conflicts written to file named mergeConflicts.txt in the current working directory." This is just a log file of the changes made and can be ignored. Click OK to finish.
At this point, the database has been patched and the probes have been added. Run B2 Spice v5 and go to the Probes dropdown box and select any probe. A probe in the shape of a red triangle should appear. If so, the patch was successful. You can find more information about the use of the probes and markers in the Release Notes as well as the document "circuit probing.pdf", both found in the B2 Spice v5 directory.
If you are not confident about this process, you can just download the new database and replace your existing database by downloading the following zip file and extracting the database to the B2 Spice v5 directory, overwritting the existing one. V5 Database.zip (32 Mb)
Please contact us if you have any questions or problems.